With over 35 years of experience in mechanical engineering, we utilize state-of-the-art engineering design practices to develop our mechanical systems. Most of our designs are application specific systems that require a broad background in mechanical properties, heat-treating, finishing, and coating techniques.
We utilize the design software package SolidWorks® and follow ASME Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing standards for all mechanical systems.
Based upon our background and previous experience with designing systems, we commonly use a variety of different and specialized materials based upon the application.
Common materials used in our mechanical systems:
• Stainless Steel (304, 316, 403, 15-5, 17-4)
• Carbon Steel (1018, 1045, 4130, 4340)
• Specialty Aircraft Steel (HP9-4-20, HP9-4-30)
• Maraging Steel (C300, C350)
• Tool Steel (A2, D2, H11, H13)
• Titanium (6AL-4V)
• Aluminum (2024, 6061, 7075)
• Copper (C10100, C11000, C17200)
• Non-Metals (Nylon, Kapton, Composite Fiberglass)
We utilize several local and national machine shops around the country to manufacture components for our system. These shops meet our stringent tolerancing and materials requirements.